Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sunday Funday Breakfast

Every Sunday, I try to make nice breakfast for my man.  Anything I make for him, I try to make it as healthy as I can. Today, I made some strawberry oatmeal pancakes, since it's strawberry season. I always buy strawberries at the farmers market because they carry the sweetest and the yummiest ones! To accompany my pancakes, I also made cinnamon brown sugar butter (my love is a huge fan of cinnamon).


They were so delicious! The oatmeal gives a nutty flavor to the pancakes. A hearty and healthy breakfast! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Here is the recipe:


Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 C. of all purpose flour
  • 1/2 C. Quick cooking rolled oats
  • 1 T. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 C. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 T. melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 C. of chopped strawberries
  1. Soak the oats in the milk overnight.
  2. Mix the flour, sugar. baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
  3. In another bowl, combine and mix the egg, melted butter, vanilla and the oats/milk mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. let it set for 5 to 10 min.
  4. Using a 1/4 C. measuring cup, pour the batter onto a greased griddle on a med-low heat. Top the pancake with the chopped strawberries. When you see the batter bubble, flip it to cook the other side.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 C. of butter ( 1 stick), softened at room temp.
  • 1 T. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 t. salt
Combine and mix all the ingredients together. Put the mixture on a saran wrap and roll it into a log. Twist the sides and put it in the fridge or the freezer to harden. Cut and serve on top of the pancakes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment