They were so delicious! The oatmeal gives a nutty flavor to the pancakes. A hearty and healthy breakfast! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1/2 C. of all purpose flour
- 1/2 C. Quick cooking rolled oats
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 C. of chopped strawberries
- Soak the oats in the milk overnight.
- Mix the flour, sugar. baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl
- In another bowl, combine and mix the egg, melted butter, vanilla and the oats/milk mixture. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. let it set for 5 to 10 min.
- Using a 1/4 C. measuring cup, pour the batter onto a greased griddle on a med-low heat. Top the pancake with the chopped strawberries. When you see the batter bubble, flip it to cook the other side.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Butter
- 1/2 C. of butter ( 1 stick), softened at room temp.
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. salt
Combine and mix all the ingredients together. Put the mixture on a saran wrap and roll it into a log. Twist the sides and put it in the fridge or the freezer to harden. Cut and serve on top of the pancakes.