I'm starting off the year with these yummy cookies: Jam filled butter cookies! These are one of my favorite cookies. They remind me of the store varieties I grew up eating: Knotts berry Farms Shortbread Cookies and Pepperidge Farm Verona Cookies.
|I used apricot jam, which is my favorite!|
Here's a recipe I found on allrecipes.com that I tweaked a bit. It's very easy with little ingredients!
Jam Filled Butter Cookies (makes about 3 dozen cookies)
- 3/4 C of softened room temperature butter
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 2 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 C. jam
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter until nice and smooth. Stir in the egg yolks and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, and salt
- Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time into the wet ingredients until it forms into a dough
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press your finger into the center of the cookies to make a well and fill with 1/2 tsp of jam.
- Bake for 8- 12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Let them cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!
I took these to work and school, and everyone enjoyed them! I hope you guys will try this recipe! Enjoy and happy baking!